Skip to main content

protect your daughters on roosevelt row







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leave me the fuck a-gnome

I’ll tell you everything I can about this person who I have come to know as an abuser. What I’m doing, this is hard. There’s nothing in this for me. Trust me. I would love to believe that Aaron Hopkins-Johnson is not a shitbag. I would love for none of this to be true. I would love to not have to expose these horrifying stories, and I would love to not face the fact that some people will still refuse to believe our words, even though there are so many of us. Even though we have proof.  I’m scared to have my story read. I’m scared to have people pick apart my words. I can’t stop thinking, why didn’t I realize? Why didn’t I say something sooner?  I’m risking a lot by writing this. For one, I’m risking my safety. Below is my full story with enough details for the person to know very well who I am. I have come to understand that this person is dangerous. He could retaliate against me. I have no idea what he’s capable of, and I would sleep a lot easier at night if I had made the choice to s

somebody til gnomebody “loves” you

  **************************************************************   I was fresh out of high school in 2015 when I decided to move to Phoenix Arizona and be an artist. I saved up for a year and finally made enough to move out on my own. I started attending poetry slams at Lawn Gnome Publishing and fell in love with not only the store but the whole arts scene. After a slam one night in 2016 I introduced myself to Aaron Johnson and asked if he was hiring and I got and interview the next morning and was hired almost on the spot. I began working for below legal minimum wage, which didn’t bother me at the time because I was 19 and living on my own for the first time and just so excited to be there and be a part of it.    I got along with Aaron almost immediately. He’s charming and very well spoken and like everyone in the community, appreciated art the same way I did. From the very start though, there was always an moo uneasiness in me, the way he talked to me and sometimes it almost seemed f